A Team Approach with You and Your Provider
Urology of Virginia participates with most major health insurance companies and health maintenance organizations. Included at this time are:
BE ADVISED THAT MOST HMO PLANS REQUIRE REFERRALS, INDIVIDUAL BENEFITS MUST BE VERIFIED
- Aetna – PPO, Medicare (PPO, HMO(referral required), & Open Access HMO Plans), HMO
- Anthem – Traditional PPO, POS, & standard HMO Plans(referral required), Healthkeepers and Healthkeepers Plus (Medicaid), Anthem Medicare Advantage plans, Anthem Bronze, Silver and Gold, on and off exchange, Anthem Commonwealth Coordinated Care
- Cigna – All Products
- Humana – All Products
- Medicaid – Virginia
- Medicare – Part B (we cannot file Part A)
- Optima – All Products
- Tricare – Standard, Prime(referral required), and Tricare for Life (Handled thru Humana Military)
- United Healthcare – Choice/Choice Plus, Select/Select Plus, Optimum Choice, Options PPO, Medicare Advantage ,Medicaid, MDIPA Optimum Choice(referral required), One Net PPO
- Virginia Health Network (look for this emblem on the cards)
- NC Medicaid
Patients with insurances not listed above should call their carriers to see if they have out of network benefits. Non-Participating insurances that we can see only if we have a referral/authorization:
- Virginia Premier Medicaid HMO Plan
- Virginia Premier Common wealth Coordinated Care (Medicare/Medicaid plan) – referral is required
- The VA/TRI WEST
- Peak Solutions
- Workers Comp
- Veterans Choice
- Pace Solutions
If you have questions about a patient’s insurance, please contact our Billing Support Specialists at extension 3891.
If you are unsure whether we participate with your insurance, please feel free to call our billing office to confirm at 757-452-3428, or call your insurance company directly.
We recommend that you become familiar with your health insurance policy. Be aware of its coverage, limitations, payments and regulations concerning referrals and pre-authorizations. Insurance coverage is a contract between the patient and the insurance company; ultimately you are responsible for payment.
If you have questions regarding payment, please feel free to email our Financial Counselors at email@example.com, and they will be happy to assist you.