A Team Approach with You and Your Provider
Urology of Virginia participates with most major health insurance companies and health maintenance organizations. Included at this time are:
- Aetna–PPO Only, Medicare PPO & EPO *All others are self-pay, No HMOs
- Anthem–Blue Care (Traditional Plan), Key Care (PPO Plan), Healthkeepers HMO, POS, and Plus (Medicaid)
- Cigna–All Products
- Humana–Medicare Advantage Plans only
- Optima–All Products
- Tricare–Standard and Prime
- UHC (United Healthcare) Choice/Choice Plus, Select/Select Plus, Optimum Choice, Options PPO, MDIPA (needs a referral), Optimum Choice (needs a referral), One Net PPO–No Medicare Products at this time
- VA Medicaid–All Products EXCEPT Virginia Premier
- VHN (Virginia Health Network)
- (Our Hampton location does not particpate with Healthkeepers or Healthkeepers Plus)
If you are unsure whether we participate with your insurance, please feel free to call our billing office to confirm at 757-452-3428, or call your insurance company directly.
We recommend that you become familiar with your health insurance policy. Be aware of its coverage, limitations, payments and regulations concerning referrals and pre-authorizations. Insurance coverage is a contract between the patient and the insurance company; ultimately you are responsible for payment.
If you have questions regarding payment, please feel free to email our Financial Counselors at email@example.com, and they will be happy to assist you.