A Team Approach with You and Your Provider
Urology of Virginia participates with most major health insurance companies and health maintenance organizations. Included at this time are:
BE ADVISED THAT MOST HMO PLANS REQUIRE REFERRALS, INDIVIDUAL BENEFITS MUST BE VERIFIED
- Aetna – PPO, Medicare (PPO, HMO(referral required), & Open Access HMO Plans), HMO
- Anthem -Traditional PPO, POS, & standard HMO Plans(referral required), Healthkeepers and Healthkeepers Plus (Medicaid), Anthem Medicare Advantage plans, Anthem Bronze, Silver and Gold, on and off exchange, Anthem Commonwealth Coordinated Care
- Cigna – All Products
- Humana – All Products
- Medicaid – Virginia
- Medicare – Part B (we cannot file Part A)
- Optima – All Products
- Tricare – Standard, Prime(Referral required), and Tricare for Life (Handled thru Humana Military)
- United Healthcare – Choice/Choice Plus, Select/Select Plus, Optimum Choice, Options PPO, Medicare Advantage ,Medicaid, MDIPA Optimum Choice(Referral required), One Net PPO
- Virginia Health Network (look for this emblem on the cards)
Patients with insurances not listed above should call their carriers to see if they have out of network benefits. Non-Participating insurances that we can see only if we have a referral/authorization:
- Virginia Premier Medicaid HMO Plan
- Virginia Premier Commonwealth Coordinated Care (Medicare/Medicaid plan) – referral is required
- The VA/TRI WEST
- Peak Solutions
- Workers Comp
- Veterans Choice
Commonly known non-participating insurances:
- NC Medicaid
If you have questions about a patient’s insurance, please contact our Billing Support Specialists, Elizabeth, at extension 3633; or Sarah, at extension 3593 for assistance.
If you are unsure whether we participate with your insurance, please feel free to call our billing office to confirm at 757-452-3428, or call your insurance company directly.
We recommend that you become familiar with your health insurance policy. Be aware of its coverage, limitations, payments and regulations concerning referrals and pre-authorizations. Insurance coverage is a contract between the patient and the insurance company; ultimately you are responsible for payment.
If you have questions regarding payment, please feel free to email our Financial Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will be happy to assist you.