A Team Approach with You and Your Provider
Urology of Virginia participates with most major health insurance companies and health maintenance organizations. Included at this time are:
- Aetna–PPO Only, Medicare PPO & EPO *All others are self-pay, No HMOs
- Anthem–Blue Care (Traditional Plan), Key Care (PPO Plan), Healthkeepers HMO, POS, and Plus (Medicaid)
- Cigna–All Products
- Humana–Medicare Advantage Plans only (PFFs, PPO, HMO (must have a referral))
- Optima–All Products
- Tricare–Standard and Prime
- UHC (United Healthcare) Choice/Choice Plus, Select/Select Plus, Optimum Choice, Options PPO, MDIPA (needs a referral), Optimum Choice (needs a referral), One Net PPO–No Medicare Products at this time
- VA Medicaid–All Products EXCEPT Virginia Premier
- VHN (Virginia Health Network)
- (our Hampton location does not particpate with Healthkeepers or Healthkeepers Plus)
If you are unsure whether we participate with your insurance, please feel free to call our billing office to confirm at 757-452-3428, or call your insurance company directly.
We recommend that you become familiar with your health insurance policy. Be aware of its coverage, limitations, payments and regulations concerning referrals and pre-authorizations. Insurance coverage is a contract between the patient and the insurance company; ultimately you are responsible for payment.
As a courtesy, we will file your insurance claim for you; however, you are responsible for payment should your insurance deny the claim or only pay in part.
Many managed care insurance programs require a referral by the patient’s primary care physician prior to being seen by a specialist. In cases where this is a requirement, please verify, prior to your appointment date, that your referral to our office has been authorized and issued. We cannot see patients without an appropriate referral.
Payment is due at the time of your visit. If we participate with your insurance plan, we will collect your co-payment or deductible at the time of the visit. In addition to cash and checks, we accept VISA and MasterCard.
If you have questions regarding payment, please feel free to email our Financial Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will be happy to assist you.
Payment in full of your account balance is expected upon receipt of your monthly billing statement. Please feel free to contact our billing office at 757-452-3428 with any questions concerning your account balance. Our billing team will gladly answer your inquiry.